Monday, January 4, 2010

Can't scrap with 'em, can't scrap without 'em

Lol...I'm referring to the kiddos, of course. They leave me no time to scrap...but without them, I'd have nothing to scrap about. Scrapping never even occurred to me before they came along. Those cute faces are my muses. But can't those muses give me at least a few minutes a day?? It really is all I ask for. Not an hour. Not even half an hour. Just a few minutes. Ugh.

You might wonder why I don't just go and scrap now. Well, I'll tell you. I'll share some intimate details that many of you likely won't approve of. In my defense, with my first child, my daughter, I did it all properly. She was sleeping alone in her crib her very first week home.

My son, on the other hand. Again, in my defense, my kids are 4.5 years apart and doing the whole "diaper" thing after all these years was a little...well, let's just say I didn't feel like doing it :)

So, I took the lazy way out, and yes, my son is still co-sleeping with me, almost 10 months later. My scrap room is attached to my bedroom. Hence, I am unable to utilize it while he's sleeping right there (I don;t know about you all, but when I scrap, I make a lot of noise).

So there you have it. By the way, if any of you have any super advice on how to get him out of my bed and into his own, please share. I'm open to ideas, in the interest of getting more scrapping time. Anything for scrapbooking!

Anyways, I have so many ideas on all the pages and albums I want to do. And so many good photos. And Pamela's great sketches are so inspiring I want to do them all! It all sits there in my head, calling out to me all day long and I simply have no time for any of it. Agh!

3 comments:

  1. Lol i cant talk my daughter is 3 lol and she still in between us ... my hubby the worst as he says shes so cute and she wont want to be in here for ever, soppy git lol. but yea i know where you coming from my daughters day care is closed for holiday and i am dying for her to go back just a few hours of peace would be great to catch up on my scrapping

    ReplyDelete
  2. No great advice here... My first, also a dd, was the perfect angel who could sleep through the night and anywhere! She was in her own crib, and room quite fast..

    My son??? Attached to me most moments of the day.. otherwise he would scream bloody murder.. It was so much easier to have him in my bed, and for me to get some sleep! My kids are 16 months apart.. believe me... I slept whenever I could get it!

    We kept trying to move my son to his own room, but until he was 5 or 6 or 7 he kept sneaking down to our bed... It was an off again on again thing for years! It was easier to just 'sleep' and let him crawl in instead of getting up and having 3 or 4 back to bed episodes..and another lousy night of sleep deprivation...

    I bought the Dr. Ferber book (it's a tough love way to get your kids to stay in their beds).. he says most bad sleeping habits are caused and perpetuated by the parents...

    Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I didn't mean to scare you! What I meant was 'it could be worse.. see?'...

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!