Saturday, December 17, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

I really went all out in making this a very mixed-media altered piece. The base is a sheet of "Punky Playground" from Punky Sprouts - it's a sheet of corrugated cardboard. I peeled off the top layer to expose the corrugated cardboard in some of the places for even more depth and dimension. The wonderful thing about using it as a base is that it can take a lot of abuse (aka various mediums). It holds up really well for mixed-media projects. I used Graphic 45 "Magic of Oz" paper and it's called "There's No Place Like Home". The round printer's tray in the middle, all the laser-cut swirls and butterflies, and the large sprocket gear, as well as the bell are all by Scrapmatts. Gorgeousness, right?

There are a ton of textures on it, and I used silk and tulle to add more texture and dimension, and covered them with gesso and paint, and other coloring mediums. I also used molding paste and my Prima "brick wall" mask to make the brick background. I hope you guys like it!






And here's a little video, about some of the stuff I did:

3 comments:

  1. Another great project. This one has alot of layers..love the brick work.hmmm I have that mask, someday I will play with it..Very pretty project. Thanks for sharing.KathyR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is completely gorgeous! So well worked through, so much texture, awesome colours! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!