Wednesday, December 14, 2011

(S)punky Layouts

Just wanted to share that I found the "Antiquities" paper pad at Michael's - it's by Donna Salazar - and I immediately fell in love. I just loved her combination of shabby, vintage, pretty and girly, as well as grungy and steampunky - it had pretty much everything all wrapped up in one neat package. So of course I had to get it....I mean, how often do we experience love at first sight? So here are two layouts I made with it.

The first is (S)punky Princess, and this is my daughter of course. I altered the colors of the photo to make them warmer and then blurred the edges. I used my Big Shot a lot and my Tim Holtz dies - to make the big flowers, out of the paper and some canvas fabric, and the little dress form, also covered with some fabric. I also used a Scrapmatts bird (the one sitting on top of the dress form) and Scrapmatts hearts. Hope you guys like it!





I also love how masculine this paper can be, so I took advantage of its vintage feel to scrap a photo of my dad as a teenager. Again, I used my Tim Holtz die to cut out the large clock, as well as the card and arrow. I cut the car out of chipboard and out of my thin sheet of wood by Creative Imaginations, which I glued on the cardboard. It looks really cool :)



I made a video about these and the card from yesterday, if you guys want more info:

1 comment:

  1. Gosh Ilene these are both fantastic..Totally love the guy page, I think I might try the circle thing somehow..I love everything you do..KathyR.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!