Monday, April 9, 2012

Love Grows On Trees

I love this "Up In The Trees" line by My Little Shoebox. MLS had a product exchamge with Punky Sprouts, so I was able to get my hands on this cute line. The heart woodgrain paper is my favorite. The papers and stickers that came with it are so adorable, and I had to scrap this picture of my son with it. To make the page a little more boyish, I added some elements that were a little more rough-and-tumble using some fun Punky Sprouts supplies. First, I created this tattered flower using my Punky Sprouts Lil' Blossoms. Punch a small circle out of paper to act as your base. Then, roughly fold a few layers into triangular shapes and staple them to the circle. Then, add a flower center to hide the staples and ink the edges for an even more boyish look. I also used the new Punky Sprouts Cork Lil' Petals. To have them fit better on this LO, I trimmed them down - I was able to get 3 or 4 smaller banners out of each larger banner. Then, add some metal brads to the middle to finish off, and you're done! The title comes from the little hearts that are hanging off the trees, and the fact that some things in life are hard to get (as in, money doesn't grow on trees), but loving my son is completely effortless :) Hence, the jounraling to go along with it.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute page and such a handsome boy in the pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how very sweet!! Love this layout!! cute photo too!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!