My first blog post for Harmonie:
And Harmonie has some beautiful collections, just for that occasion. Noel and Blizzard are both perfect for cold weather. This is my first official blog post, and I wanted to share a layout with you using mostly Blizzard. I'm really loving working with the gorgeous Harmonie papers and products! Especially since I was born in Russia, where the weather is somewhat similar to Canadian weather. So this is a pic of me as a baby :)
- I love to mix collections, so I used paper from Blizzard and Noel: Verger de Glace, Petits Reners, Firmament
- white pom pom ribbon RU067 - I actually cut off the pom poms to decorate the centers of the snowflakes - they look like little snowballs
- Blizzard stamps set - #52036
- Alphabet stickers are the white peel offs
- Nesting scalloped circles chipboard pre-cut shapes - I used one of the smaller circles behind the center snowflake on the top left, to give it more pop - I colored with with white crackle paint for a more wintery feel
I loved the strong blue of the die-cut paper, so to emphasize it, I painted the top left corner with white acrrylic paint (just dry brushed it on). This made the right corner stand out even more and call attention to the color. I decorated the tree at the bottom with rhinestones and a hanging lamp.
In other news, I have a special announcement to make. ScrapStreet is looking to add to the DT!! That mean YOU (yes, YOU) need to get your butt in gear and send in your app! Here's the info:
ScrapStreet.com EZine is looking for fun and creative designers who
love to scrapbook to add to our team. Layout, card, and altered artists
are all encouraged to apply.
Our team publishes a monthly EZine with thousands of subscribers and a 5
year history. We love finding and showcasing talented scrappers and
beautiful products. If you are selected for our team, you will write a
monthly article which will include selecting and requesting the work of
designers, combining the work into an interesting article, and meeting your
You will also receive products at least 6 times a year from a variety of
manufacturers and will scrap several items to showcase their lines. It is
an excellent opportunity to increase your visibility in the scrapping
community while having fun.
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
a short statement of why you are interested in joining us.
3 of your favorite creations showcasing your style.
a link to your blog.
a link to your gallery.
End date: November 29, 2010