Thursday, September 3, 2015

Art Journal Week: Day 5

This layout I created based on a quote I saw on Facebook (it's always good for some odd stories and awesome quotes!). The quote is, "Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds." I really liked the quote, and I think the resulting layout is self-explanatory. I again created a base under-layer of torn papers and washi tape, and then went over it with paints, stamps, gelatos, and stencils. The girl is painted with acrylics. I stamped the clock on tissue paper before adding it, since I had a suspicion I would mess it all up if I tried stamping on the layout. It never comes out perfect that way.




















This next layout was about trying a fun technique - do some cool praying and have it be the hair. I love the idea in theory, but it didn't work so well in this journal. The pages of the journal were pretty thin, so I had to cover them with gesso first. The spray mists did not adhere well to gesso, creating a mess of an effect. Oh well... my next art journal has nice, proper paper :) I painted the face with acrylics and added a little pit of gelatos and stars using a stencil.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!