Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Art Journal Week: Day 3

Thanks for stopping by! Today I'm sharing the next two spreads in my art journal. The first one is based on the children's book "My Many Colored Days" by Dr. Seuss. It start with "Some days are yellow, some are blue. on different days, I'm different too. you'd be surprised how many ways I change on different colored days" (by the way... I remember the whole thing by heart, at this point LOL). I just love that book for kids - it goes through all the different feelings and normalizes them, and also has the most gorgeous illustrations.

I used BoBunny "Genevieve" collection, and BoBunny stamps and stencils. If you want a step-by-step guide on how to create this, you can check out This Post on the BoBunny blog.



























This next spread is a little darker. I created the background by using s scraper to add black and white paint. I then added Prima silver crackle paste over a stencil, and painted the girl. The dots on her body were made using a Tim Holtz stencil and the black paint drips were made using a Crafter's Wrokshop stencil. At the end, I added some background print using a stamp.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!