Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cherish Life - Scrapmatts Mini Album

Today I'm posting my Scrapmatts mini album that altered - this one was really fun to make and it's a nice size too. The front was made up of little puzzle pieces that I altered separately and inked and then put back together. And to go along with the fairy and butterfly garden theme (the pp and die cuts and metal charms and rub ons are all from the Pink Paislee "Butterfly Garden" line) I decided to make the photos a little "otherworldly" as well - I made them black and white and made the contrast of the black and white really sharp, and then printed them on white self-adhesive mulberry paper. Then I adhered them to pp from the collection. Since the mulberry paper was somewhat see through, the images from the pp show through a bit - I think the kids ended up looking like fairies...but not sweet fun fairies - more like fairies from a darker, slightly more sinister world. Tim Burton fairies versus Disney fairies. But that's right up my alley :) If you want to hear more about the other techniques and stuff, check out my video that I made about it.


















3 comments:

  1. Hi.. this is so beautiful.. i love these papers too and the photos and embellies make this a real treasure to look back on and cherish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. i need to make a mini album. i have the chipboard...i just need to make it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilene this is soo stunning!! love the vintage country garden feel!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!