Saturday, January 29, 2011

An Altered Birdhouse - Harmonie

Hi everyone, I wanted to share a little birdhouse I altered. When I saw this wooden birdhouse, I immediately thought of this pp from the "Blizzard" collection (LOVE that line!!!) - it has the same shape and I knew they'd work well together. I covered 3 of the walls with the matching pp, and the roof I covered with the pp that I punched with my Martha Stewart border punch. I added pp on the bottom too. The front I covered with crackle paint - I mixed red and white for the effect. First I sprayed it with red glimmer mist. When I was done, I added stickles and diamond dust to mimic snow and ice. I also added Maya Road chipboard snowflakes.

Also, make sure you check out the Harmonie website for a sneak peek of their 2 new lines! Soooo cute, can't wait to get them!






4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Just love all of your details, especially the mixture of paint and the crackle effect! I've been wanting to alter one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooooo cute!!! love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was just reading through some Scrap street and found your fabulous story... LOVE it. This bird house is just too cute too.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!